Who likes to shop for new clothes? "Me, me me!!"
It's easy to go shopping for a new outfit but it's also hard on your bank account. We can vouch that it is literally so much easier to get a new outfit than rummage through your own closet and put together a new one.
Well... we wanted to challenge ourselves to NOT buy new stuff and re-invent old clothes in to "new" ones. So we went through our closets and actually found a couple good ideas on how to trick your mind into thinking you have a new outfit! lol.
Sarah is wearing a brown "skirt" in the pictures below, but it is really a brown long sleeve shirt. She just tied the sleeves around her waist and "voila" a new skirt! I (Ashlyn) wore knee high sandals, but I made them more wintery by wearing tights underneath.
We want to challenge you to look through your closet next time you say you "have nothing to wear" and be creative with your clothes, you will be surprised what you can come up with!
1. Take old pumps and put some long socks over them to make it look like knee high boots
2. Turn your old pants into a new pair of shorts
3. Take a long sleeve shirt and make it into a skirt
4. Take a scarf and turn it into a poncho
5. Shirts that are too small: wear with an undershirt and add some length!
*Photographs by Makenna Toolson
We are two savvy sisters, who are value-conscious love good deals, fashion and sharing it with everyone! Here you will find great tips on styling your wardrobe that won't break the bank!
Our Favorite Savvy Shops