Here is my easy and simple self-tan routine that takes 5 minutes and gets me a couple shades darker!
Exfoliator: LUSH Rub Rub Rub $22.95
Exfolitator: St. Ives Coconut & Coffee Scrub $3.99
Self-Tanner: Fake Bake Flawless $26.50
Tanning Mitts: Amazon $5.95
1. Shower, shave & exfoliate entire body before applying
2. Only apply lotion to elbows, wrists, between toes and any other areas you don't want tan (I don't use any lotion)
3. Use rubber gloves under mitt
4. Spray tan onto mitt about 4-5 pumps
5. Rub tan into skin in continuous circular motions
I loooove a summer golden bronzed look. In this video I am showing my easy routine to getting that bronzed dewy look with just a few makeup products!
Products I used:
Tarte Liquid Foundation- Color: Light-Medium Sand // http://bit.ly/2bgK6N1
IT Cosmetics Buffing Brush #110 // http://bit.ly/2rK9Wnl
Bare Minerals BAREPRO Powder- Color: Natural 11 // http://bit.ly/2feeqrK
Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette // http://bit.ly/2bgLK1e
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind- Color: Neutralizer // http://bit.ly/2aJBEWL
IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal- Color: Universal Taupe // http://bit.ly/2bgNFCQ
Naked 3 Shadow Palette // http://bit.ly/2aDcGXt
Buxom Eyeliner Pencil- Color: Come Over // http://bit.ly/2qqZ1Lb
Sephora Illuminating Palette // http://bit.ly/2qr2Q3e
Tarte Blush- Color: Entertain // http://bit.ly/2rsT3xQ
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara // http://bit.ly/2aDegIV
RealHer Lip liner- Color: I Love Myself // https://www.realher.com/products/lip-...
RealHer Lipstick- Color: I Love Myself // https://www.realher.com/products/mois...
I am a firm believer in taking care of my skin. It's crazy how I can notice a huge difference even if I forget to wash my face for one night (which rarely ever happens because I am such a stickler! lol) Not only does our skin absorb nutrients internally but it also does externally. That is why I looove doing face masks. Aside from drinking lots of water and eating healthy, its good to do one at least once a week. We did a post on our favorite masks last year, you can read that here.
I just recently used this pink clay mask from Sand and Sky, I really really like it! I am super picky on what I put on my face because I have suffered from acne and sensitive skin. So whatever I put on it, it will show the next day! This clay mask is great because it draws out toxins, shrinks pores, and absorbs dirt and impurities in the skin. It is super gentle too so for anyone with sensitive skin, you will love it. Just leave it on for 10 minutes and wash off. Your skin will feel silky smooth and have a beautiful glow :)
Ways to get a natural looking glow:
1. Go for a run or quick workout. You will get the blood circulating to your face and body for a natural glow. (Just make sure to wash your face :))
2. Eat healthy! A balanced diet of good food with lots of nutrients and vitamins will help your skin looking fresh and healthy.
3. SMILE!! :) Not only does smiling make you look happier but it also flexes your face muscles which circulates the blood circulation through your face.
4. Use a little peach blush and highlighter
5. Do a face mask!
Summer is almost here so its time to bring out the bronzer and highlighters! I was desperate to find a highlighter that looked great but didnt break the budget! I was at target searching for some cute house decorations and of course left with everything else but that.. I came across this wet n wild highlighter stick which looked like it could do the job, plus it was only $3.99 so I figured What the Heck, lets try it! I couldn't wait, and right when I got in the car I put it on and LOVED it! Ive used the more expensive highlighters like Anastasia, Tarte, Nars, etc and this one in my opinion is pretty much just as good! For Bronzer I like to use my Shade Light pallet by Kat Von D, and this brings my whole look together. Sooo easy, and beautiful for summer!
1. Coconut oil- I have used coconut oil in my hair for years now. Not only does it bring major hydration to hair, but it also helps stimulate hair growth by getting deep into the pores of the scalp. My hair tends to break pretty easily too so coconut oil is great for repairing breakage and split ends. How to use: At least once a month (or week if you want to see major results) heat up 2 big tbsp (or more depending on how thick your hair is) of coconut oil in the microwave. Spread evenly throughout your hair and cover with a shower cap. I like to sleep in it over night, but you could also just keep it in for a couple hours. You will immediately feel your hair being softer and shinier :) I use the Kirkland brand from Cotsco because it comes in a big tub so you get your moneys worth! Find it here.
2. Prenatals/Biotin- Since being pregnant I have been taking prenatals everyday, and boy, have I seen a difference in my hair growth!! Prenatals have so many vitamins that are so good for your body regardless if your pregnant or not, so I totally suggest taking them everyday! In college I took Biotin and it worked great for me too. You can get the chewy gummies or regular tablets you swallow. Get at least 2.5 mg (2,500 mcg).
3. Hold it on the hot tools- My hair was in the worst condition in high school because I would straighten or curl it everyday. The heat from hot tools literally fries your hair which results in breakage :( Try transitioning a couple days a week with styling your hair in a pony, bun or braids to give your hair a break. Braid your hair when its half dry and sleep in it. Take out in the morning and you will have cute crimped curls that took no heat to make!
4. Use Heat Protectants- I use a heat protectant every time I use a heating tool. Heat protectants help retain moisture in the hair because the cyclomethicone and dimethicone silicone coats and conditions the strand which protects it from the intense heat. My favorite heat protectant is from Paul Mitchell- Hot off the press, it is amaaaaazing. I just spray it in my dry hair before I curl or straighten it. Another great one for when your hair is wet and before blow drying is Paul Mitchell- Mirrorsmooth high gloss primer.
5. Braid at night- One of my roommates in college had the prettiest and longest hair. I always asked her what she did and she would just say it grows! Lol. Don't you love when you ask people their secrets and they just point out the obvious ;) So then I noticed that she would braid her hair every night before she went to bed. I think this was actually her secret because when we sleep, we are rolling all over the place, tugging and pulling the hair. I used to put mine in a bun every night and would get the major breakage in the back and front pieces. I started braiding it at night or putting it in a low pony and I started seeing less breakage in the back and front pieces.
6. Let it air dry- I used to blow dry my hair EVERY morning. Talk about major heat damage. Now I hardly ever use a blow dryer and just let it air dry. I hate air drying when I go to bed because my pillow gets all wet so I use a hair towel, and it is the best! You can find it here.
7. Leave in Conditioner- My all time favorite product that I use EVERYDAY is the Biolage Keratindose Renewal Spray. I have noticed a huge difference in the shine, softness and breakage amount with my hair. This stuff is literally amazing and I swear by it. I spray it in my hair in the morning and night for extra conditioning :)
8. Use a Wet Brush- I just recently started using a wet brush because my hair is sooo tangly after I wash it. I usually just let it air dry for a little bit after I wash it because brushing it while its wet is a nightmare. I have heard tons of people swear by this brush so I finally gave in and got one. And boy I am soooo glad I did. I used it for the first time this week and it literally shaves off 75% of the time it usually takes me to brush. And the best part, I barely have any hair come out! I had my whole head brushed in literally 2 minutes. I use this one
Tips & Secrets
Here we share our favorite products and beauty secrets! We post different sales, tutorials, and tricks that we have learned and found.